(Erie, Pa.) March 18, 2013 - Professional Women's Magazine has named Erie Insurance one of the top insurance companies on its annual Best of the Best list. Each year the magazine polls Fortune 1000 companies and conducts its own research on diversity and inclusion practices and policies.
"ERIE offers a diverse environment where our employees are welcomed, challenged and engaged," said Tesha Nesbitt Arrington, director of diversity and inclusion at Erie Insurance. "We thank Professional Women's Magazine for recognizing our efforts."
Some of ERIE's diverse and family-friendly programs and benefits include:
- Flexible work arrangements to help employees balance the different needs of home and family with a productive work day;
- Employee resource groups designed to address business issues from a diversity and inclusion perspective and to foster an inclusive work environment;
- Health benefits for all full-time employees and families including same-sex domestic partners; and
- Adoption assistance for any full-time employee seeking support.
To learn more about jobs at Erie Insurance visit www.erieinsurance.com/about/careers.aspx.
According to A.M. Best Company, Erie Insurance Group, based in Erie, Pennsylvania, is the 15th largest homeowners insurer and 12th largest automobile insurer in the United States based on direct premiums written and the 20th largest property/casualty insurer in the United States based on total lines net premium written. The Group, rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company, has more than 4.5 million policies in force and operates in 11 states and the District of Columbia. Erie Insurance Group is a FORTUNE 500 company. Erie Insurance is proud to be named a J.D. Power and Associates' 2012 Customer Service Champion. ERIE is one of only 50 U.S. companies so named. Erie Insurance is also recognized on the list of Ward's 50 Group of top performing insurance companies, which analyzes the financial performance of 3,000 property and casualty companies and recognizes the top performers for achieving outstanding results in safety, consistency and financial performance over a five-year period (2007-2011).
News releases and more information about Erie Insurance Group are available at www.erieinsurance.com.
Leah Knapp, Erie Insurance
(814) 449-6792, firstname.lastname@example.org