These mandates have affected your insurance costs. Sparks Insurance is here to help you understand these changes and review your auto insurance coverages to make sure they comply with WI Laws. See below for link to get to your state representative to discuss your concerns.
Here are some brief details of some of the law changes:
1. Increase in Minimum Liability Limits - The law requires the limit for Bodily Injury Liability to be $50,000 for each person and $100,000 for each occurrence, plus a minimum limit for Property Damage at $15,000 per occurrence.
2. Increase in Minimum Medical Payments - The minimum amount of Medical Payments has been increased from $1,000 to $10,000., The insurance company is required to provide at lease $10,000 of Medical Payments coverage on every auto and motorcycle liability policy unless you reject this coverage entirely.
3. Increase in Minimum Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverages Limits - WI Laws require the Uninsured Motorists Bodily Insurance Coverage minimum limits to be $100,000 for each person and $300,000 per accident and can NOT be rejected.
4. Umbrella Coverage requirements - The law requires Excess Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists Bodily Injury Coverage to be included, unless rejected in writing.
5. Mandatory Auto Insurance - Starting June 1st. Fines can be substantial if you are caught without verification of insurance coverage. Be prepared with an auto ID card from your insurance company in each vehicle.
If you wish to express your concerns or discuss the laws with your elected representative, you can fine your legislator by visiting www.legis.state.wi.us, then click on ‘Who Represents Me” or your can call (608) 266-9960 during business hours.
Call Sparks Insurance, Kenosha, WI at (262) 697-9600 for a few review of your auto insurance for compliance with the Wisconsin Auto Insurance Laws.