Summer is winding down. GET COOKING.
WHAT'S IN SEASON:
SO MANY DELICIOUS THINGS! Obviously, last-chance summer berries are the perfect excuse to eat dessert twice a day. Also, to drink sangria on the regular.
(This will vary depending on the time of the month and where you live): Apricots, Basil, Bell Peppers, Beets, Blackberries, Blueberries, Boysenberries, Cantaloupe, Chard, Cherries, Corn, Cucumbers, Eggplant, Fennel, Figs, Grapes, Green beans, Green onions, Kiwi, Mangoes, Melons, Nectarines, Okra, Peaches, Peas, Plums, Raspberries, Scallions, Strawberries, Summer squash, Tomatillos, Tomatoes, Watermelons, Zucchini
1. Mexican Street Corn
The secret? Mayonnaise. Recipe here.
2. Grilled Tomato Skewers on Toast
3. Ritz Cracker Ice Cream Sandwiches
Your eyes do not deceive. Recipe here.
4. Fontina and Blackberry Basil Smash Sandwiches.
I know, right? Recipe here.
5. Individual Whole Peach Pies.
Don't you wish you'd thought of it first? Recipe here.
6. BBQ Sticky Asian Pork Ribs
7. Fried Mozzarella, Basil, and Nectarine Stacks with Balsamic Glaze
Caprese who? Recipe here.
8. Marinated Grilled Zucchini with Feta and Huckleberries
9. Roasted Tiny Eggplant with Muhammara and Feta
Muhammara is a nutty, creamy red pepper sauce. And baby eggplants are totally adorable. Recipe here.
10. Three-Bean Salad with Creamy Lemon Dressing
11. Roasted Cherry Sangria
Spending extra time to roast the cherries? WORTH IT. Recipe here.
12. Roasted Tomatillo Salsa Verde
Perfect for brightening up pretty much any meat that comes off the grill. Recipe here.
13. Gingered Salmon with Grilled Corn and Watercress Salad
14. Blueberry Hand Pies
Yes, it's like a sophisticated Pop-Tart. Recipe here.
15. Jalapeno Popper Corn Fritters
Anyone will eat vegetables when they're pan-fried and laced with cheese. Recipe here.
16. Grilled Curry Chicken
Butterflied whole chicken works great on the grill. Recipe here.
17. Zucchini Tart
Pretty. Recipe here.
18. Mediterranean-Spiced Lamb Burgers
19. Grilled Figs with Honeyed Mascarpone
20. Grilled Shrimp with Cilantro, Lime, and Peanuts
21. Raspberry White Chocolate Scones
Any excuse to eat dessert for breakfast. Recipe here.
22. Crème Fraîche Galette with Heirloom Tomatoes
23. Tomato and Mozzarella Potato Salad with Lemon Buttermilk Dressing
Because, what's a barbecue without potato salad? Recipe here.
24. Eggplant and Parsley Dip
25. Grilled Flatbread
Top them however you like. Recipe here.
26. Cherry and Lime Ooey Gooey Butter Bars
27. Slow-Roasted Tomato Pasta
Simple is better, sometimes. Recipe here.
28. Grilled Avocado and Cucumber Cold Soup
29. Grilled Fennel Salad with Fresh Herbs and Parmesan
30. Mussels Fra Diavolo con Crema
Spicy mussels with cream. Recipe here.
31. White Peach Gin Fizz
Drink outside while you still can! Recipe here.
Check out some other great recipes in:
and other fun stuff!
SOURCE - BuzzFeed - 31 Amazing Things to Cook in August